£30k - £40k basic (dependent on experience), Car allowance, excellent commission plan
IT & Telecoms
The objective of the Business Development Manager role is to fulfil the primary objectives below:
• Provide a solution orientated sales approach, driving company growth by consistently growing and maintaining a healthy new business pipeline that will meet and exceed targets
• Work closely with team members to understand and master the skills required to complete all jobs in the end-to-end sales process, including managing contract discussions
Tasks required will include (but are not limited to):
• Work to targets to achieve and exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Work with multiple personality types across a variety of roles and levels – including Executives, Managers and Operational contacts to consistently drive revenue growth
• Build relationships at multiple layers within each prospect – understanding prospect types as well as key organisational roles
• Ensure all activities and information are logged onto ICA systems
• Introduce a proven sales methodologies to accurately qualify opportunities and build pipeline, pursuing sales opportunities to drive revenue growth
• Maintain and manage internal and external relationships as required to effectively meet the requirements of the role
• Learn the “Why” ICA story / elevator pitch and become proficient at presenting this to your peers and prospects
• Master an intimate knowledge and understanding of the prospect's buying process, their industry, and their business, and ensuring this is reflected in deal forecasting
• Maintain an awareness of the prevailing UK market conditions and competitive landscape and exploit any opportunities arising from this knowledge
• Represent the ICA brand through an ability to communicate in a professional, consultative, and business-like manner
• Be an active and positive member of the ICA sales team, contributing to ideas, projects and areas for improvement e.g. product, system or process
• Undertake regular training and coaching sessions as and when required
Supporting the Business Development team and other members of the sales team.
The CEO, Finance, Technical and Commercial teams will assist you in approving, designing and preparing proposals and contractual agreements. They will also approve and monitor the credit limit required for any business relationship.
Work closely with marketing in the successful delivery of demand generation campaigns, external events and communications with customers and prospects.
All prospective customer contacts across different roles, including external suppliers.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have a strong drive and bring a high level of commitment, energy, and confidence.
Must have experience and a demonstrable track record of hitting targets and helping customers make sense of technology.
• Sales skills
❖ Excellent sales skills gained through 3+ years’ direct sales experience in a target carrying capacity
❖ Demonstratable history of exceeding targets in a Telecommunications services business
❖ Capability of understanding customer pain points and requirements
❖ Good listener and communicator, fluent in English and able to deal with people at all levels of business and with people of varying technical capability
❖ Customer orientated with an organised and logical approach to fulfilling requirements
❖ Ability to take ownership of issues and to resolve them promptly and efficiently
❖ Ability to bond and build rapport with others
❖ Capability to passionately deliver a value-based sales pitch
❖ Demonstrable negotiation skills
❖ Commercial acumen
❖ Understanding of ROI models
❖ Ability to run multiple opportunities in different stages of the sales process while maintaining a level of prospecting to ensure a healthy ongoing pipeline
• Aptitude / attributes
❖ Resilient and responsive to change, operating within a fast-paced business telecommunications environment
❖ Strives for perfection and adopts a ‘right first time’ approach
❖ Demonstrates a continuous willingness to learn and develop oneself
❖ Positive attitude with a diplomatic approach to working with other teams and suppliers
❖ Able to meet customer requirements in terms of flexible working hours to fit in with business needs
❖ Demonstrable ability to take ownership and manage multiple tasks of varying complexity whilst maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
❖ Strong work ethic and attitude with excellent timekeeping and reliability
❖ Articulate and presentable
❖ Ability to self-motivate and work in an environment where management will not always be present
❖ Education / qualifications:
▪ Essential - General education to 'A' level standard, with minimum GCSE in English,
▪ Desirable - Degree level education
▪ Professional sales training
▪ PC skills to intermediate level - MS Office especially PowerPoint and Excel
▪ CRM experience and an active LinkedIn profile.
Further relevant information:
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Travel between sites (ICA office and customer sites) will be a requirement for this role. A current valid driving licence is essential.
There may be a requirement to attend meetings and other activities outside of normal working hours.
ICA are looking for honest, genuine, passionate, driven, team-oriented people. They’re not looking for great big egos, they’re looking for people who are genuinely caring, whilst being focused on delivering exceptional quality, every time.
lCA are an incredible company to work for. They work as a team and love their customers, team and partners. They are focused on long-term relationships and want their team members own aspirations to be met.
ICA are looking for talent because they want you to progress and develop with them. You will be mentored and tutored and when successful, you will be rewarded accordingly.