£40,000-£50,000 plus commission structure
IT & Telecoms
As an IT Sales Specialist you will be able to generate your own sales from a variety of sources and create high-quality proposal documentation, as well as possess the ability to work with Pre-Sales and Account Managers to effectively guide our customers through the sales process.
If you have experience working within a fast-paced, high-pressure sales environment and possess unbeatable sales knowledge and high-level communication skills - we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Head of the Department, the key activities and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• Proactively engage and manage your internal customers (Account Managers, Account Directors, Internal Account Managers) and demonstrate your value and professionalism within customer meetings.
• Provide a detailed Account Development Plan (ADP) type handover to the account owner once the sale has been completed
• Provide training to your colleagues to enable them to identify an opportunity for your speciality.
• Provide an accurate weekly forecast to your Manager, as requested.
• Collaborate with marketing on projects that will help to drive growth by sharing your specialist product knowledge and sales experience.
• Creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process, which is largely dictated by the prospective customer - you will be a major stakeholder for this within your speciality.
• Follow up with each Account Director, Account Manager, and also with the customer once solutions have been delivered to offer support and additional upsell opportunities.
• Adhere to and excel at all business KPIs with a positive mindset.
• Present to the Communications Board once a quarter or as required.
• Work with Marketing to produce case studies on all successful sales.
• Speaking to and liaising with suppliers when needed to support ‘winning’ the business.
The person specification, skills, knowledge and competencies required for the role are as follows:
• Proven & relevant specialist knowledge within your area.
• Demonstrable experience and a proven track record in attracting new business and managing the sales process end to end.
• Previous experience in developing a positive working relationship with new customers to achieve sales targets.
• A confident, innovative, creative and decisive approach to customer interactions and resolving customer issues.
• Excellent attention to detail to ensure the information being shared is always accurate and reliable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• The ability to show your resilience, self-motivation and a commitment to self-development with a desire to achieve positive outcomes regardless of the challenge.
• Good commercial acumen and a thorough understanding of the business and industry in which we operate.
• Ability to produce reports and present complex data to a wide range of audiences.
• A skilled and active listener, with demonstrable experience in fulfilling a customer’s requirements.
• Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, with a solution-focused approach.
• Highly motivated to manage your own workload and responsibilities with effective use of time to manage own diary.
• Contributes to the overall success of the business by staying focused on your own performance, sharing knowledge, expertise and resources with the wider team.
• Full valid UK driving licence as there is a requirement to travel regularly throughout the UK to visit customers.
• Qualifications within your specialist area.
• Previous experience dealing with complex solutions and their implementation.
For more details about the company and our virtues, please look at the attached Job spec PDF.