£70k + Bonus
IT & Telecoms
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced Cloud and IT Product Manager to take on coaching and mentoring a team to drive Elite to success. You’ll have excellent knowledge and understanding of Cloud-based solutions and products and use this to become a key senior member of the Elite team.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
• Provide hands-on leadership and direction to a team of Product professionals (2 direct reports).
• Manage and support a team of Product Managers within the IT portfolio, at different skill levels, to offer guidance, management, and best practices for the products they are responsible for.
• Be accountable and deliver the product plans and enhancements for your Cloud and IT products and support a team of Product Managers for the services they are responsible for through direct line management.
• Maximises Product margins through strong P&L management practices, with a focus on recurring revenue.
• Product Roadmap ownership, including feature and development lifecycle.
• Lead and develop the product roadmaps for all Technology products in conjunction with the Senior Management Team, Board and relevant Product Managers.
• Create and maximise relationships with strategic partners.
• Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines within IT and Cloud by reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
• Assesses market competition by comparing the company’s products to competitors’ products. Provides source data for product line communications by defining product descriptions and supporting the marketing communication objectives.
• Define with the relevant Sales Managers and suppliers’ incentives and measure the success to determine the most effective means of driving sales.
• Assesses product market data by meeting customers and strategic partners engaging with key industry bodies and events.
• Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product penetration and forecasts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Brings new products to market by analysing proposed product requirements and product development programs, establishing projects with time schedules across the relevant business departments.
• Introduces and supports the marketing of new products by developing time-integrated go-to-market plans with sales, marketing, commercial and customer operations.
• Provide detailed product service descriptions and knowledge transfer to the business particularly sales and pre-sales.
• Determine product pricing in association with the Head of Commercial by utilising market research data; reviewing product cost base and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customised orders.
• Complete operational readiness requirements through with key operations groups.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Provide strategic input into the company’s commercial business plan.
• Support the sales channels with high profile and high value customers.
• Maintain vendor accreditation requirements for all IT services and improve upon as agreed.
• Liaise with legal support team (internal and external) for supplier & vendor contract approval.
The person specification, skills, knowledge and competencies required for the role are as follows:
• Experience in IT and Technology specifically within a Cloud and/or Managed Service Provider.
• Senior Product Management experience.
• Technical aptitude to rapidly understand how technology can enable product capabilities and features to drive business benefits for our customers.
• Capable of building excellent relationships with suppliers.
• Demonstrate creativity and ability to inform and challenge business decisions.
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written to all levels of business.
• Influencing & persuasion skills.
• Problem-solving ability.
• Creative thinking.
• Ability to prioritise and deliver multiple projects in parallel, often with changing requirements and priorities.
• Good negotiation skills.
• Commercial awareness.
• Strong Data/Analytical focus - enjoys working with data to guide decision-making and comfortable analysing and gaining insights from data.
• A strong collaborator who can build an effective partnering network with key stakeholders to co-create and execute product developments.
• Recognised Product Management Qualification.
• Additional experience in Cloud Security software and services.
For more information about the company and our virtues, please look at the Job Spec attached.